You will have the opportunity to practice the personal spiritual discipline of journaling. During the course of the year, you will write 32 journal entries which will be a reflection of your thoughts pertaining to the topics listed below. You will turn in 8 spiritual journal entries each grading period on the due dates below. Again, there are 8 journal entries due per grading period (a total of 32 journal entries in the school year). Each of your journal entries should be between five and ten sentences long. Your spiritual journal entries are 20% of the overall grade for each grading period. On a personal note, I want you to see this project as a blessing not a burden! I want you to taste and see that the Lord is Good (Psalm 34:8).
Grading Period 4
- What is the most valuable life lesson God has taught you this school year?
- Do you feel closer to God or farther from God than you were this time last year?
- What are your plans for the summer?
- Do you have a fear of praying out loud? If so, what are your fears about it? If not, what would you tell someone who is afraid to do so?
- Do you see your spiritual life as a separate from the rest of your life, or do you see every area of your life affected by your spiritual life?
- If you could have been an eyewitness to one of Jesus’ miracles, which one would it have been?
- If you could go back in time and meet yourself at age 8, what advice would you give about preparing to be a teenager?
- What will be your most impressionable discussion from Bible class this year?