You will have the opportunity to practice the personal spiritual discipline of journaling. During the course of the year, you will write 32 journal entries which will be a reflection of your thoughts pertaining to the topics listed below. You will turn in 8 spiritual journal entries each grading period on the due dates below. Again, there are 8 journal entries due per grading period (a total of 32 journal entries in the school year). Each of your journal entries should be between five and ten sentences long. Your spiritual journal entries are 20% of the overall grade for each grading period. On a personal note, I want you to see this project as a blessing not a burden! I want you to taste and see that the Lord is Good (Psalm 34:8).
Grading Period 1
- Entry #1 – What does the word friend mean to you? What does the Bible say about friends?
- Entry #2 – If you could go back in time and meet your parents at the age you are now, what would you talk about?
- Entry #3 – Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
- Entry #4 – How does music impact your life?
- Entry #5 – If you could be on National TV for 2 Minutes, what would you say to the world?
- Entry #6 – How should you handle criticism from others?
- Entry #7 -The Bible says that our God is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14). What do you think that means? Is all jealousy bad?
- Entry #8 – How should you respond when someone gossips about you?