You will have the opportunity to practice the personal spiritual discipline of journaling. During the course of the year, you will write 32 journal entries which will be a reflection of your thoughts pertaining to the topics listed below. You will turn in 8 spiritual journal entries each grading period on the due dates below. Again, there are 8 journal entries due per grading period (a total of 32 journal entries in the school year). Each of your journal entries should be between five and ten sentences long. Your spiritual journal entries are 20% of the overall grade for each grading period. On a personal note, I want you to see this project as a blessing not a burden! I want you to taste and see that the Lord is Good (Psalm 34:8).
Grading Period 2
- Entry #1 – What has God been teaching you in recent weeks?
- Entry #2 – What is something you wish Mr. Martin would discuss in Bible class and why?
- Entry #3 – What does the Bible say about thankfulness? Do you generally demonstrate a thankful heart?
- Entry #4 – How can you use social media in a positive way and for the glory of God?
- Entry #5 – How does peer pressure impact you?
- Entry #6 – If you had 24 hours to live, how would you live? any different? the same?
- Entry #7 – What are the pros and cons of going to a Christian School
- Entry #8 – What do you wish your parents understood about you that they don’t?