Cullman Christian School – 7th -9th Grade Bible
Study Guide for Test 1 – Tuesday, October 6, 2015
The Fruits of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23 (List)
The 3 Main Sections of Ephesians (List)
- Chapters 1-3 introduce principles with respect to God’s accomplishment.
- Chapters 4-5 put forth principles regarding our present existence.
- Chapter 6 presents principles concerning our daily struggle.
The 4 Main Sections of Philippians (List)
- Christ the Christian’s Life: Rejoicing in Spite of Suffering, 1:8-30
- Christ the Christian’s Pattern: Rejoicing in Lowly Service, 2:1-30
- Christ the Object of the Christian’s Faith, Desire, and Expectation, 3:1-21
- Christ the Christian’s Strength: Rejoicing through Anxiety, 4:1-9
The Armor of God – Ephesians 6:10-18 (List)
- The Belt of Truth
- The Breastplate of Righteousness
- Sandals (Shoes) of Peace
- Shield of Faith
- Helmet of Salvation
- Sword of the Spirit
Name That Epistle – G = Galatians, E = Ephesians, P = Philippians
_______The result of justification by grace through faith is spiritual freedom. Paul appealed to Christian’s in this epistle to stand fast in their freedom, and not get “entangled again with a yoke of bondage (that is, the Mosaic law). Christian freedom is not an excuse to gratify one’s lower nature; rather, it is an opportunity to love one another.
_______The flesh has been crucified with Christ and the Spirit will bear His fruit such as love, joy, and peace in the life of the believer.
_______The Judaizers, those who would return to the Mosaic Law as their source of justification, were prominent in the early church.
_______Half of the teaching in this epistle relates to our standing in Christ, and the remainder of it affects our condition.
_______This book emphasizes the connection between sound doctrine and right practice in the Christian life. Far too many people ignore “theology” and instead want to only discuss things that are “practical.” In This book, Paul argues that theology is practical.
_______Paul speaks of the mystery of the church as the “bride of Christ,” a previously unheard-of concept in the Old Testament.
_______A study in this book will help to fortify and to establish the believer so he can fulfill the purpose and calling God has given. The aim of this epistle is to confirm and to equip a maturing church. It presents a balanced view of the body of Christ and its importance in God’s economy.
_______This book can be called “Resources Through Suffering.” The book is about Christ in our life, Christ in our mind, Christ as our goal, Christ as our strength, and joy through suffering.
_______It was written during Paul’s imprisonment in Rome, about thirty years after Christ’s ascension.
_______This book is one of Paul’s most personal letters, and as such it has several personal applications to believers. Written during his imprisonment in Rome, Paul exhorts this church to follow his example and be “encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly”
_______Application of this epistle is the need for Christians to be united in humility. We are united with Christ and we need to strive to be united to one another in the same way. Paul reminds us to be “like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose” and to put away conceit and selfishness, “but in humility consider others better than yourselves” looking out for the interest of others and caring for one another.
Discussion Questions (Choose 2 out of 3 – At least 5 sentences each)
- Philippians 4:6-7 says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
From these two verses, what does the Apostle Paul teach the church at Philippi about prayer?
- Ephesians 2:8-10 says “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
From these three verses, what does the Apostle Paul teach the church at Ephesus about Salvation?
- Choose the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) that you struggle the most to produce in your life. Why is it so difficult to produce in your life? How can you grow more in that particular area?