You will have the opportunity to practice the personal spiritual discipline of journaling. During the course of the year, you will write 32 journal entries which will be a reflection of your thoughts pertaining to the topics listed below. You will turn in 8 spiritual journal entries each grading period on the due dates below. Again, there are 8 journal entries due per grading period (a total of 32 journal entries in the school year). Each of your journal entries should be between five and ten sentences long. Your spiritual journal entries are 20% of the overall grade for each grading period. On a personal note, I want you to see this project as a blessing not a burden! I want you to taste and see that the Lord is Good (Psalm 34:8).
Grading Period 2
- Entry #1 – If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change? Why?
- Entry #2 – If you could ask Christ to change one problem in the world today, what would you like him to change?
- Entry #3 – What do you find most difficult about the Christian life?
- Entry #4 – How would others who know you very well describe you?
- Entry #5 – If I gave you $10,000, what would you spend it on? Why?
- Entry #6 – If your house was on fire, and you only had time to grab three things, what would they be and why?
- Entry #7 – What have you learned recently from another person?
- Entry #8 – When was the last time you admitted you were wrong? Why is it so hard to do?