21 Life Lessons…21 Years After High School
Cullman Christian School Chapel Service – Pastor Eric Martin – April 24, 2015
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- See life through a telescope and not a microscope.
- Be less concerned about what others think and more concerned about what God thinks.
- Take education seriously.
- Submit to the Lordship of Christ.
- Be a building block, not a stumbling block.
- Cherish the Word of God and hide it in your heart.
- Respect all authority – Honor Mom and Dad.
- Constantly kill sin.
- Determine to never be bitter.
- Learn to forgive (others and yourself).
- Remember that God permits difficulties with your best interest in mind.
- Live each day before the face of God.
- Invest in Kingdom things, not earthly things.
- Spiritually grow like an oak of righteousness, not an overnight mushroom.
- People will remember you by how you made them feel.
- Worry less; trust God more.
- Speak less; listen more.
- Write things down and remember – be reflective.
- Constantly look for the fingerprints of God – Savor the sweetness of life.
- Remember that your children are watching you.
- Leave your irreparable past in the hands of God.
– Pastor Eric